Search This Blog

Sunday 17 July 2011

TIPS ON READING

Although my book is a novel, not a text book, it was designed to benefit you as an English reader and learner. When we read in a foreign language it becomes very frustrating when we don´t understand most of the words. That´s why I put a glossary - it is at the back of the book. An English person always *thumbnails the book from the back to the front.The Spanish do not, and I don´t know about other nationalities. I would like feedback on this please.
When you read to learn; new vocabulary , sentence structuring, grammar and they way it´s used, you need one very important thing. Concentration. It´s like being in class you must concentrate to benefit fully.
New Words
I suggest you underline in colour all new words but continue reading till you come to the end of the paragraph. I am sure many new words are not vitaly important to understand what´s going on. At the end of the chapter make your mind map list and some sample sentences. One of my students has suggested I put the more difficult words at the foot of the page. Please tell me if this would be useful to you.
Grammar
See what it is, how it´s used. Analyse. Make your own sentences. How would YOU have written it?
I do hope you enjoy / are enjoying the book and please post your comments on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment